Thursday, 18 April 2013

Colour-Blocked Eyelet Lace Dress

Colour-Blocked Eyelet Lace Dress by Cicely Ingleside

Among the things I love are:
1) eyelet lace
and 
2) bright colours.

So when I saw these beautiful colours of oversized eyelet lace (Oversized eyelet lace!  Even better!), I couldn't resist. I also bought some bright yellow, which will get made into something for my daughter .... or maybe for me! And I resisted buying the green, but it was a challenge.

Colour-Blocked Eyelet Lace Dress by Cicely Ingleside

But I loved the way the pink and blue looked together so I thought I would make my daughter a dress. She currently has a lovely fancy dress my mother-in-law made her, and she rarely has much occasion to wear fancy stuff, so I thought I would make her something she could wear more regularly in the summer. This eyelet fabric is cotton and washable, and I lined it with matching cottons underneath.

Colour-Blocked Eyelet Lace Dress by Cicely Ingleside
The back with button at the top
I used the Lizzy Dress Pattern by Shwin Designs. Unfortunately, I made it a size too big, as you can see in the pictures!  She's growing so fast I didn't want it to be too small, but I overestimated!

Colour-Blocked Eyelet Lace Dress by Cicely Ingleside

I've taken it in a bit more since I took these pics - but it will probably still fit next year!

Colour-Blocked Eyelet Lace Dress by Cicely Ingleside

Here she is doing some pretend ballet moves for the camera. 
I'm kind of tempted to make myself a version of this dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover